News release - Feb. 11, 2021
Angela Crawford, Marketing Director
Bill Snyder shares advice for building leaders during The Builders’ Association virtual anniversary event
Former Kansas State University football coach Bill Snyder will deliver the keynote address during The Builders’ Association’s virtual anniversary event on Feb. 19 at 3 p.m.
On Feb. 19, 2021, The Builders’ Association will celebrate its 134th anniversary with a virtual version of the annual banquet event: Building Leaders.
FOX4 morning show anchor Abby Eden is serving as the emcee for the packed program, which will focus on the event’s theme, highlighting the ways the commercial construction industry is working to build its future. The program will feature:
- A virtual auction to raise funds for The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation.
- Recognition of the 28 Builders’ Scholarship Foundation award recipients.
- Messages from the association’s leadership, including 2020 Builders’ Board Chairman Chris Stanton, with McCownGordon Construction; 2021 Builders’ Board Chairman Eddy Whitley, with Whitley Construction Company, LLC; and Builders’ President Don Greenwell.
- Messages from mayors throughout the region, including Kansas City, Missouri Mayor Quinton Lucas and Columbia, Missouri Mayor Brian Treece.
- A painting of Patrick Mahomes created in real time by Mike Debus with Performance Painting.
- A keynote address from former Kansas State University football coach Bill Snyder.
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. It will begin at 3 p.m., and details, including how to register, are available on The Builders’ website.
The event’s sponsors include:
- Diamond: JE Dunn Construction Company
- Cornell Roofing & Sheet Metal Company
- Turner Construction Company
- Whitley Construction Company, LLC
- E&K of Kansas City, Inc.
2021 scholarship winners
- Anna Allen, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Luan Victor Barbosa Santana, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Lauren Beardsley, Iowa State University
- Blaine Boudreaux, Pittsburg State University
- Sadie Brockett, Iowa State University
- Eleanor Bryan, Iowa State University
- Zachary Bures, Pittsburg State University
- Ruth Chaney, University of Missouri
- William Corlett, Pittsburg State University
- Emma Eshelman, University of Kansas
- Trenton Fair, Pittsburg State University
- Grace Gundelfinger, Missouri State University
- Carly Hendrickson, Missouri State University
- Cabriah Hillman, Missouri State University
- Kaleb La Francis, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Alemnesh Lemolo, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Michael Marinakis, Pittsburg State University
- Marcelo Neufeld, Pittsburg State University
- Caleb Pahl, Pittsburg State University
- Sabrina Pavlova, Missouri State University
- Garrett Pendergraft, John Brown University
- Bryson Rader, University of Central Missouri
- Easton Roth, Pittsburg State University
- Tyson Stites, Pittsburg State University
- Khalilullah Sultani, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Alexis Susunaga, Kansas State University
- Thanh Tran, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Cassidy Viox, University of Missouri
About The Builders’ Association
The Builders’ Association is a nonprofit commercial construction trade association serving hundreds of member companies that employ over 25,000 people in mid-America. Since 1887, The Builders’ Association has advanced the construction industry and served as a catalyst for collaboration by connecting passionate people and businesses, with a vision of improving lives through construction.
About the Kansas City Chapter, Associated General Contractors of America
The association’s sister organization, the Kansas City Chapter, Associated General Contractors of America, currently represents more than 100 firms in the heartland region and is part of the AGC of America, the largest and oldest national construction trade association in the United States.
Visit The Builders’ Association online at www.buildersassociation.com and connect with them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.