Engaging Your Employees to Increase Profits
The bottom line for employee engagement is that managers matter. First line managers have more control over employee engagement levels than any other factor. You can recognize an engaged organization from a mile away. Client service is on point, employees are proud and most importantly the organization is beating the competition. To these successful organizations employee engagement isn’t a plan or a management tactic. It is the company culture.
Studies show that business leaders feel that employee engagement is essential to the competitive success of their companies. Hiring and keeping good people is a challenge today. Keeping your staff fully engaged and energized will help you meet your goals, boost productivity, increase profits and reduce turnover.
This seminar was developed exclusively to introduce how leaders can build a culture of engagement. This program is unique because it leverages Dale Carnegie’s research to provide you with specific ideas and insights that can help you make the most impact while developing a culture of engagement. Get the tools you need to drive employee engagement in your organization today!
At this seminar you will learn:
- What employee engagement is and how it will positively impact your organization
- How to become an employer of choice and a model to attract and retain top talent, customers, and partners
- Actions you must take to build pride in your organization and inspire high levels of performance
- Ways to create a value-driven workplace to inspire effort
- How to strengthen engagement levels through person-centered leadership strategies
- A model for providing meaningful praise and recognition to maintain high performance
- The costs and benefits of employee engagement
Cost: $39 for members and $49 for nonmembers
Presenters: Ron Cox, President Dale Carnegie of Kansas City and Erin Simpson, Vice president of instruction, Dale Carnegie training