Register now to volunteer for Veterans Community Project (VCP)
Veterans Community Project (VCP) Village - Kansas City, Missouri, is an innovative community of 49 tiny houses for Veterans experiencing homelessness. The homes range in size from 240 to 320 square feet, meet all local city code requirements, and connect to city utility services. Approximately 70% of the Village construction was performed by community volunteers.
The CLC will be volunteering at the VCP Village on Thursday, Jan. 28, at 3 p.m. Below is a potential list of activities we will be working on:
Assemble (3) metal racks and hanging pegs for tables in the village storage shed; organize shed.
- Assemble and install tough sheds for four village homes (pending - will confirm asap)
- Assemble (9) metal racks in the VCP warehouse at Ward Parkway (10 minutes due west of campus)
- If we can get mulch, fill the center island in the village (walled area of about 200 square feet).
Other grounds work in the village.
- Finish holiday light storing.
- Organization in the lot behind HQ.
Where: 8900 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64131
When: Thursday, Jan. 28 | 3 to 5 p.m. Happy hour to follow!
Contact: Caleb McCandless, Workforce & Professional Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 595-4161
Cost: FREE for CLC members, but participants must register. To register, please sign in and click "Register Myself."