Established in 1994, The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation uses investment income from the scholarship endowment fund to create scholarships for outstanding individuals preparing for a career in construction within the area served by the Association. Through members’ generous donations, the fund now exceeds $1,000,000. The Foundation currently supports the following 28 named scholarships through the generosity of particular benevolent member companies:
- A.L. Huber General Contractor
- Carl and Josephine Privitera/Mark One Electric
- Firebaugh Construction, Inc.
- Fogel-Anderson Construction Company
- George Betts, Jr. Memorial
- George J. Shaw Construction Company
- Grand Construction
- International Builders – IBC, Inc.
- James L. Hutton, Sr./William W. Hutton Memorial
- James L. “Skip” Hutton, Jr.
- J.E. Dunn, Sr.
- Jeff Ammon Memorial
- Jene Hayes/Hayes Drilling, Inc.
- John and Jill Dunn
- John Rohrer
- Kelly Construction Group
- Kenneth O. Von Achen Memorial
- Mary McNamara/Cornell Roofing & Sheet Metal Company
- McCownGordon Construction
- Murray Company
- Patricia A. Carroll
- Pearce Construction
- Phillip W. Moore Memorial
- Rau Construction Company
- Senter Family
- Turner Construction Company
- V.S. DiCarlo Memorial
Recipients will be announced at the annual banquet in February 2022 with checks issued for the following Fall 2022-Spring 2023 academic year at $1500 per semester. If the student graduates at the end of the Fall semester, only one $1500 check will be issued. To be eligible, applicants must plan to be a full-time college student in the Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 semester studying in a construction-related program (construction management, engineering, or architecture). Applicants must complete the following two items before November 1, 2021:
- Complete and return the application and a copy of your unofficial transcript(s) by completing the form linked below.
- Follow-up with Diana Gonzalez to make sure she received your application and unofficial transcript(s).
Please click here or the "Apply here!" button above for the Builders' scholarship application form.
For questions about the scholarship application, or general scholarship inquires, please contact Diana Gonzalez.
Donate to the fund
In 1990, The Builders’ Association Board of Directors approved a recommendation to create The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation. Since that time, scholarship investments have helped many talented young people in their efforts to gain an education in construction-related fields. Many of them are now building a future in the construction industry. The Board of Directors encourages you to be a part of this wonderful endeavor by contributing to the Foundation. Every contribution is an investment with substantial and long-term dividends.
The Builders’ Association Scholarship Foundation is recognized as a publicly supported organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. As such, donors who contribute to the Foundation may deduct their contributions as provided in Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
If you would like to contribute to The Builders' Association Scholarship Foundation, please contact Erica Jenkins or Connie Kapfer for more information.