IN 1887, CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES founded the Master Builders' and Traders' Exchange and opened an office at 521 Delaware in Kansas City, Missouri. A few years later, they constructed a new office at 612-16 Central Street. This became their headquarters in 1890.
The building at 612-16 Central has been home to several tenants since that time, and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. Like the organization that originally made it their home, it was built with a strong foundation, and continues to serve the community.