Regardless of your labor policy, ever-increasing federal and state laws and regulations directly affect your company. The Builders' Association labor relations staff provides member employers services which include:
- Negotiating 27 collective bargaining agreements in Kansas City, Central Missouri and Southern Missouri
- Active involvement in the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements
- Assisting with labor unrest and job site actions
- Handling activities arising from grievance filings
- Informing members about wage and fringe benefit increases, as well as new and proposed laws and regulations
- Performing fiduciary duties as trustees of the health, pension, vacation, and apprenticeship and training funds as well as specialized funds such as the Mo-Kan Construction Industry Substance Abuse Program (CISAP).
- Assisting contractors with education and general information regarding employment related issues such as affirmative action and immigration