A Tradition of Service

"THE BUILDERS' ASSOCIATION SHALL PROVIDE HIGH QUALITY AND VALUED SERVICES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE BETTERMENT OF EACH INDIVIDUAL MEMBER AND THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY."     
     
   

The Administrative Service Center of The Builders' Association and Kansas City Chapter, AGC in downtown Kansas City, Missouri.

IN 1887, CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES founded the Master Builders' and Traders' Exchange and opened an office at 521 Delaware in Kansas City, Missouri. A few years later, they constructed a new office at 612-16 Central Street. This became their headquarters in 1890.

The building at 612-16 Central has been home to several tenants since that time, and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. Like the organization that originally made it their home, it was built with a strong foundation, and continues to serve the community.
The Master Builders' and Traders' Exchange organization has evolved into today's Builders' Association. While spanning three centuries, our full-service, nonprofit association is positioned for a strong future, with a broad range of services, both traditional and hi-tech. In recent years, we have become a leader in the development and delivery of web-based education and training among construction trade associations, and continue to expand our services in this area.
While our efforts to develop and refine our services are ongoing, our mission remains the same:

"The Builders' Association shall provide high quality and valued services that contribute to the betterment of each individual member and the construction industry."

NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, BUILDERS' ASSOCIATION STAFF, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS ARE COMMITTED TO DELIVERING VALUED, HIGH QUALITY SERVICES ON YOUR BEHALF.